Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: MattBurt on August 24, 2022, 11:59:24 am
-
Another great evening of light and color last night. I missed the good direct light but the sunset was extra nice with these heavy clouds to the east and a horizon gap to the west. This is about a mile from my house - the closest reasonable spot I could get to as this was all coming together.
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52307678144_a7c1a75e6c_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2nGfwkJ)
-
A very luxurious sky indeed, even without direct light. You're lucky to have those places not too far from home.
Well seen.
-
A very luxurious sky indeed, even without direct light. You're lucky to have those places not too far from home.
Well seen.
Yes, and the treatment of the stream is perfect.
-
A very luxurious sky indeed, even without direct light. You're lucky to have those places not too far from home.
Well seen.
Yes, and the treatment of the stream is perfect.
Thanks guys! This shot wouldn't have really worked as well with the direct light. If I'd gotten out a little earlier I would have gone to find some old twisted juniper or something similar that would look good illuminated against the heavy dark clouds. But my lateness (attributed to a delicious dinner at home) and this convenient location worked out nicely with the soft light.
Exposure time was .7s for the water and I focus stacked two images to get everything in focus. People seem to like it on social media where big bold colors always do well.
-
Beautiful. And glad there wasn't any direct light to soil the mood.
-
Beautiful. And glad there wasn't any direct light to soil the mood.
Thanks Rajan!
-
Beautiful.
-
Matt, you've really captured the moment! And, you're fortunate to live so close to such beauty. I hope to see many more.
-
Beautiful.
Matt, you've really captured the moment! And, you're fortunate to live so close to such beauty. I hope to see many more.
Thank you both! I am pretty spoiled for landscape subject matter and recreation here but the downside is we have to leave town to buy or service stuff like cars and appliances. I feel like it's a reasonable trade until the oven breaks on Thanksgiving. :)
-
Very enjoyable image and it proves you do not need a 'Grand Landscape' in the traditional sense of the words, to shoot a grand landscape type of shot, but just a good eye and the necessary skills, to enable you to tease out the best from any given scene.
Excellent.
Dave
-
Very enjoyable image and it proves you do not need a 'Grand Landscape' in the traditional sense of the words, to shoot a grand landscape type of shot, but just a good eye and the necessary skills, to enable you to tease out the best from any given scene.
Excellent.
Dave
Thanks Dave!
-
Add me to the list of the suitably impressed. Great job, Matt.
-
Add me to the list of the suitably impressed. Great job, Matt.
Thank you Arlen.