Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on August 23, 2022, 11:53:45 am

Title: Shipping container type of thing
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on August 23, 2022, 11:53:45 am
I don't really know what this is, it's like a very large shipping container type of thing, but had agricultural stuff stored in it like a small barn.

Anyhoo, here it is anyway - and it's not even a landscape shot is it, but more of an abstract type of shot, but what the heck..

Dave
Title: Re: Shipping container type of thing
Post by: David Eckels on August 23, 2022, 11:58:24 am
Strong graphics.
Title: Re: Shipping container type of thing
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on August 23, 2022, 12:08:42 pm
Strong graphics.

Thank you David  ;)

Dave
Title: Re: Shipping container type of thing
Post by: Mark Nadler on August 23, 2022, 08:44:33 pm
I think it is a great image.

mark
Title: Re: Shipping container type of thing
Post by: francois on August 24, 2022, 04:08:12 am
Stunning graphics. It works very well and I like it a lot.
Title: Re: Shipping container type of thing
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on August 27, 2022, 05:50:40 am
Thanks folks  ;D

It was a very strong, contrasty light type of day around noon, so I knew there was little chance of finding anything landscapey. So instead I started to look around for what else I could see, just for the clicks.

So even though this shot will not go into my portfolio, as it isn't really the type of thing I am normally into, I did really enjoy finding it and getting something out of a day, that was otherwise very unphotographic.

But isn't that the point, finding stuff to shoot that pleases us, but which your average none-photographic Joe is totally unable to see?

Dave
Title: Re: Shipping container type of thing
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on August 27, 2022, 06:42:57 am
...I did really enjoy finding it and getting something out of a day...

I concur.

Reminds me of Garry Winogrand: "I photograph to find out what something will look like photographed."

I often do the same.

Great graphics!