Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: gchappel on August 19, 2022, 07:03:53 pm

Title: Can I safely print on Plain white roll paper? Ipf8400
Post by: gchappel on August 19, 2022, 07:03:53 pm
I am looking to print some wrapping paper on my ipf8400.
I was looking at a roll of cheap white paper made for oil and watercolor paints- not butcher paper.
I do not really care if it bleeds or runs a little, as long as it is stable once dry.
It will be more colored text than pictures. 

Just do not want to damage the printer.   8yrs old and still going strong.
Thanks for any thoughts
gary
Title: Re: Can I safely print on Plain white roll paper? Ipf8400
Post by: TheMatrix on August 19, 2022, 10:20:04 pm
You can do this, I'm not sure why printing on paper would damage the printer...

I just found out Canon actually makes a product for this called Premium Gift Wrapping Paper: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1675989-REG/canon_3605v269_premium_gift_wrapping_paper.html I'm curious about it!

In the past I have used Canon's Universal Bond paper (basically a roll of copier paper) which is now called 24lb Bond: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1619748-REG/canon_3873v024_24_lb_bond_paper.html

Be cautious with ink laydown - needless to say, regular paper has very little tolerance to moisture before it will start to curl and buckle. I used the lowest quality setting on my iPF's, which was a bit dull, but didn't overload the paper.
Title: Re: Can I safely print on Plain white roll paper? Ipf8400
Post by: gchappel on August 20, 2022, 07:00:00 am
Thanks
I will look at the actual wrapping paper, thanks!
Just wanted to make sure I did not do something stupid- like I seem to often do.
Appreciate the insight
gary