Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Eric Brody on August 13, 2022, 03:48:33 pm

Title: problem going from Lightroom Classic to Photoshop
Post by: Eric Brody on August 13, 2022, 03:48:33 pm
For a while, I'm not sure how long, occasionally, when I open a Lightroom Classic (current 11.4.1) file in Photoshop (current-23.4.2) the file appears broken into blocks as shown on the screen shot I hopefully attached.

I'm on a 2020 iMac with 10 core i9, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM running Monterey 12.5.

Usually opening a layer, or otherwise messing with it gets it to normal.

Any thoughts would be welcome. It's more annoying than serious but it's frustrating nonetheless.

Eric
Title: Re: problem going from Lightroom Classic to Photoshop
Post by: digitaldog on August 13, 2022, 07:23:37 pm
Blocks: Disable GPU in preferences, better?
Title: Re: problem going from Lightroom Classic to Photoshop
Post by: Eric Brody on August 16, 2022, 12:37:31 pm
It seems to be fixed. Thanks Andrew. You are, as always, helpful.

Any insight as to why this started in the first place?

I've been using the same basic workflow for years. I have, of course, updated both Lightroom Classic and Photoshop along the way.
Title: Re: problem going from Lightroom Classic to Photoshop
Post by: digitaldog on August 16, 2022, 12:38:27 pm
Any insight as to why this started in the first place?
If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. This is why disabling GPU is an option as more and more functionality moves to the GPU in newer versions of many Adobe products.
On the Mac, that's part of the OS update(s) so if this is the latest OS version, you may need to roll back a release.
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html