Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: felix5616 on August 13, 2022, 10:37:04 am

Title: Apple Mac Studio and HP Z3200 printer
Post by: felix5616 on August 13, 2022, 10:37:04 am
Anyone running an HP Z3200 printer on a new Apple Mac Studio? i'd like to know if there are any operating issues
Title: Re: Apple Mac Studio and HP Z3200 printer
Post by: plasakow on August 13, 2022, 03:45:47 pm
I'm using a 2020 Mini with an M1 chip, not a studio. That said, the difficulties printing directly from any OS more recent than Mojave are well documented on this forum. 

HP says that it's drivers are updated to include Catalina and more recent versions, but I always got "Broken Pipe" errors when I sent more than one print to the Z3200s at a time. I wound up using a 2010 MPB as a print server.

I've got 2 identical 24" Non-PS Z3200-A printers. It may be those particular printers, but I don't think so.  I print from Preview via the network and never tried a direct connection via USB. 
Title: Re: Apple Mac Studio and HP Z3200 printer
Post by: deanwork on August 14, 2022, 08:47:48 am
Using the most recent Mac OS and the M1 chip with the latest Z “universal driver I have no problems printing with my Z3200 or Z3100. The only thing that doesn’t work for me is the calibration ( linearization ) procedure. I have to do that on one of my older macs or pcs. I also have sent multiple copy prints to printer.

I’m really surprised they even got that far with the new Mac chips.



I'm using a 2020 Mini with an M1 chip, not a studio. That said, the difficulties printing directly from any OS more recent than Mojave are well documented on this forum. 

HP says that it's drivers are updated to include Catalina and more recent versions, but I always got "Broken Pipe" errors when I sent more than one print to the Z3200s at a time. I wound up using a 2010 MPB as a print server.

I've got 2 identical 24" Non-PS Z3200-A printers. It may be those particular printers, but I don't think so.  I print from Preview via the network and never tried a direct connection via USB.
Title: Re: Apple Mac Studio and HP Z3200 printer
Post by: kers on August 14, 2022, 12:53:31 pm
...for me is the calibration ( linearization ) procedure. I have to do that on one of my older macs or pcs...

As you can do that on the machine itself... so no real problem ....

I need OSX 10.6 to fully use my Z3200 and have some old macs for that ( from 2008-2011) …you can buy those under 100$..
( btw looking at my 2008 Aluminium macbook from 2008 it shows how little has changed other than some refinement and speed.)

Title: Re: Apple Mac Studio and HP Z3200 printer
Post by: plasakow on August 14, 2022, 01:14:30 pm
... I also have sent multiple copy prints to printer.


Curious. May I ask from what software you're printing?  I can print multiple copies of the same print without problem, but have you sent a queue of different images to the printer using a single "print" command? That's where I run into trouble.