Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Bob_B on August 10, 2022, 12:29:21 pm
-
Despite the oppressive heat in the mid-Atlantic, the black-eyed susans (Rudbeckia hirta) are in their prime. With this heat, I doubt they'll be around for long, so I figured I better get some photos while I could. Here's a high key 'portrait' of a group of these delights. Your thoughts and comments are most welcomed, and thanks for viewing.
-
Oh yeah! very cool. Love the hi-key treatment.
-
Thanks, David. (BES are one of my favorite flowers.)
-
A second photo, with a different arrangement and different processing.
-
Bob, are you setting up your arrangements on a light box? White paper? Or are you shooting individual flowers and then "arranging" them digitally? However, you are doing it, the results are lovely.
-
I agree. Both are lovely.
-
Bob, are you setting up your arrangements on a light box? White paper? Or are you shooting individual flowers and then "arranging" them digitally? However, you are doing it, the results are lovely.
Thanks, David. My high key photos are taken on a (relatively cheap LED) lightbox. In this case, with a Zeiss 50mm ZE f/1.4 lens and Canon 5DMkIV.
-
Thank you, Eric.
Just having a bit of fun and exploring some other ways to present these images.
-
It's always good to experiment and the results are sweet. You got perfectly elegant arrangements on those shots. Although less simple, I like the last one too.
Well done and keep experimenting!
-
Thanks, francois.
-
That first one would be a cool print on plates or something like that. Nice clean graphic presentation.
-
Thanks, Matt.