Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Mark Nadler on August 09, 2022, 01:32:59 pm

Title: Silvery Blue Butterfly
Post by: Mark Nadler on August 09, 2022, 01:32:59 pm
Comments welcomed.

mark
Title: Re: Silvery Blue Butterfly
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 10, 2022, 09:49:07 am
I like it.
Title: Re: Silvery Blue Butterfly
Post by: David Eckels on August 10, 2022, 12:57:17 pm
Mark, I really like the composition, but I am having a little trouble with "silvery blue" as silly as that is. Silvery, I get, but where is the blue? Perhaps highlighting the butterfly a little more? I know this is not the critiques thread, so apologies in advance.
Title: Re: Silvery Blue Butterfly
Post by: Mark Nadler on August 10, 2022, 03:45:42 pm
David, I believe it is a silvery blue butterfly -- that is its type (feel free to tell me if I am wrong).  They range in color from blue to grey.  The light reflecting from the magenta leaves distorts its true colors.   Also, I post pictures to receive feedback.  I want to hear critical feedback.  So, in the future, feel free to tell me what you really think.   

mark
Title: Re: Silvery Blue Butterfly
Post by: degrub on August 10, 2022, 07:55:39 pm
i would dial back the colour cast on the butterfly as i don't think my eye would capture that if i was there. something about colour adaption of the eye.
Title: Re: Silvery Blue Butterfly
Post by: Mark Nadler on August 11, 2022, 08:33:18 am
degrub, thanks for your comment.  I view this image within the genre of decorative art.  With this type of photography, I am not trying to achieve photo accuracy.
I liked that the flower's color showed in it wing.  Obviously, this is personal taste. 

mark
Title: Re: Silvery Blue Butterfly
Post by: degrub on August 11, 2022, 09:10:51 am
i had wondered if that was the case. Works well, then.
Title: Re: Silvery Blue Butterfly
Post by: nirpat89 on August 11, 2022, 06:16:51 pm
Exquisite!
Title: Re: Silvery Blue Butterfly
Post by: francois on August 12, 2022, 05:24:41 am
Very nice shot, I like it like it…
Title: Re: Silvery Blue Butterfly
Post by: Mark Nadler on August 12, 2022, 02:33:50 pm
Thanks francois, degrub, and David.  nirpat89, thank you for your exquisite comment.

mark