Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: JoeKitchen on August 08, 2022, 12:53:42 pm
-
Hot damn, it has been a while since I visited here, but I have been really busy this year. I actually hit a milestone in my career this April I never thought I would, I had to hire an attorney.
That resulted in a second business being formed that just went live with samples coming off of the press this week. The business is Precision Backdrops (https://precisionbackdrops.com/), website linked.
It is a photography, kind of, and a printing business, kind of.
Without giving any more info, I would love to hear any feedback on the site including if you can easily figure out what is being offered by the website alone. I have only ever done photography, so a website that sells a physical item is foreign to me.
-
Hi Joe,
It's an impressive website and a promising-sounding business venture.
Good luck with it!
Eric M.
-
Thanks Eric, it's been quite a lot of work getting this up and running over the last few months. Today our first set of samples were coming off of the press and 8 are being mailed out tomorrow. It may not look impressive, but that file, if used on a real sound stage, would be printed 30 x 90 feet. We also have another sample of the Atlanta skyline we will be mailing down south.
PS, to be honest, although I appreciate your compliments, bring on the critiques. Dont be afraid to offend me on the website design; afterall I asked for it. You dont grow without being critiqued.
-
Congratulations Joe! I wish you only success in your new venture!
-
Do the prints hold the detail in the clouds ?
-
Congratulations Joe! I wish you only success in your new venture!
Thanks.
-
Do the prints hold the detail in the clouds ?
To a degree, however for this purpose it really does not matter so much, just as long as it reads as clouds.
These are just samples for the full size backdrops that would be hanged in a sound stage to act as the view on set. So, they will be out of focus and a background element in the show/movie. A lot of the time, we also need to blur the image before printing just to simulate the correct DoF.
After seeing these though, I do have to make a couple of adjustments to the files for the next set of samples we print, and I will probably edit out some of the clouds.
-
Congrats on the new biz! Only suggestion is that I'd run your name/logo by an attorney, especially if you plan to operate nationally.
https://www.precision-camera.com/ (https://www.precision-camera.com/)
-
Congrats on the new biz! Only suggestion is that I'd run your name/logo by an attorney, especially if you plan to operate nationally.
https://www.precision-camera.com/ (https://www.precision-camera.com/)
Damn, thanks for the advice. Yes, that logo could be an issue.
I have to think though that using Precision in the name would be a little less of a problem since there are a couple dozen business names that I have found with it. Including the (the bast camera repair guy in the country) Precision Camera Works, also in TX.
-
Awesome website,
Here it's mywww.velasstudio.com (https://www.velasstudio.com/) it's about weddings and portraits
I hope y´ll like it