Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: andyptak on July 31, 2022, 05:16:56 pm

Title: Clone stamp not working
Post by: andyptak on July 31, 2022, 05:16:56 pm
I'm sure this is some dumb mistake of mine but I can't figure this out. I just did a new PS install on a brand new machine and when I "create a new layer" neither the clone or healing brush work on this layer. When I create a new flattened layer at the top of the stack with Ctrl, Alt, Shift E then they both work perfectly. I checked Preferences and can't find anything there. Anyone know? Thanks.
Title: Re: Clone stamp not working
Post by: digitaldog on July 31, 2022, 05:22:47 pm
I'm sure this is some dumb mistake of mine but I can't figure this out. I just did a new PS install on a brand new machine and when I "create a new layer" neither the clone or healing brush work on this layer. When I create a new flattened layer at the top of the stack with Ctrl, Alt, Shift E then they both work perfectly. I checked Preferences and can't find anything there. Anyone know? Thanks.
Check Mode, Opacity and of course this dropdown:
Title: Re: Clone stamp not working
Post by: andyptak on July 31, 2022, 05:35:07 pm
Thanks Andrew. All is good in that regard yet I get nothing.
Title: Re: Clone stamp not working
Post by: David Eckels on July 31, 2022, 05:48:46 pm
Check "All Layers"
Title: Re: Clone stamp not working
Post by: andyptak on July 31, 2022, 06:17:00 pm
Yeah!!  All layers it is. Thanks.
Title: Re: Clone stamp not working
Post by: digitaldog on July 31, 2022, 06:19:55 pm
Yeah!!  All layers it is. Thanks.
Yeah; which is why I provided a screenshot of the options but I guess I should have specifically pointed to that options too.
Title: Re: Clone stamp not working
Post by: andyptak on August 01, 2022, 01:50:00 pm
Thanks Andrew. I actually looked at that but All Layers made no sense to me so I didn't check it out - as I should have.