Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on July 31, 2022, 05:47:39 am

Title: Mývatn Green
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on July 31, 2022, 05:47:39 am
Mývatn Green. (https://blog.parrikar.com/2022/07/31/myvatn-green/)

Title: Re: Mývatn Green
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on August 02, 2022, 03:48:03 am
Nice pastoral scene.
Title: Re: Mývatn Green
Post by: francois on August 02, 2022, 04:16:29 am
Lovely scene with those two horses and the green grass!
Title: Re: Mývatn Green
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on August 02, 2022, 04:44:14 am
Thank you, Paulo and Francois.
Title: Re: Mývatn Green
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 03, 2022, 07:03:26 pm
Beautiful scene and a beautiful place. The name, of course, means "Midge Lake," and when we were there in June several years ago, The "Mys" (Midges) were out in force. I could stay out of the car for more than a minute to take pictures, with midges swarming all over me.
Title: Re: Mývatn Green
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on August 04, 2022, 05:19:22 am
Beautiful scene and a beautiful place. The name, of course, means "Midge Lake," and when we were there in June several years ago, The "Mys" (Midges) were out in force. I could stay out of the car for more than a minute to take pictures, with midges swarming all over me.

Eric,

I remember you mentioning your time in Mývatn. This year, though, there were virtually no midges. Upon inquiry, I was told that every 7-8 years this cycle repeats. Here  (https://www.icelandreview.com/nature-travel/collapse-of-midge-population-impacts-myvatn-birdlife/)is a small news items on the topic.