Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape Photography Locations => Topic started by: Michael West on July 04, 2022, 12:12:43 am

Title: I huess the sky is a location? right?
Post by: Michael West on July 04, 2022, 12:12:43 am
Rare clouds that glow in the dark are the most vibrant in 15 years
July 1, 202


By Kasha Patel
Washington Post

This week, sky watchers in the upper United States, Canada and Europe have spotted a flurry of shimmering, ghostlike wisps in the night sky. The blue-silver streaks shine brightly only after the sun has disappeared beyond the horizon, entrancing viewers with their beautiful yet somewhat eerie appearance.

These are not your everyday clouds.

Researchers say these noctilucent, or night-shining clouds, are the rarest, driest and highest clouds on Earth.




https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2022/jul/01/rare-clouds-that-glow-in-the-dark-are-the-most-vib/


someome please  capture some images of these clouds
Title: Re: I huess the sky is a location? right?
Post by: Peter McLennan on July 05, 2022, 02:10:46 pm
I'm at about 50 degrees latitude and I have an excellent view of the northern sky from my bedroom. 
Despite several 03:00 wake-ups, I've not seen any.  :(