Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Brent McCombs on June 24, 2022, 10:17:44 am
-
I have a photo from the interior or a restaurant. The photo was taken with the permission of the owner of the establishment. But the restaurant is a franchise.
I had the image posted on my website. I was contacted by the corporate entity of the franchise and asked to remove the image.
There are recognizable elements (not the corporate logo, but the interior layout and signage) of the franchise in the image.
Do i have any right to display this on my website? I have taken the image down to respect the request until otherwise directed.
-
Do i have any right to display this on my website?
Unless you're hoping that a Canadian trademark/copyright attorney is to be found hanging out here, you may be looking in the wrong place for advice on this situation. You might want to check with a commercial photographer's association like ASMP (https://www.asmp.org) or APA (https://apanational.org) for guidance.