Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: ChanceKeso on June 10, 2022, 10:09:57 pm

Title: Maidenhair Falls - Olympic National Forest
Post by: ChanceKeso on June 10, 2022, 10:09:57 pm
Maidenhair Falls - Olympic National Forest, 2021.



I've been working my way through images from the past few years of the Olympic Peninsula to create a small e-book. This is a photograph that will be included in it. This has been one of my favorite photographs that I have made from the past 5 years.
Cheers!  :)
Title: Re: Maidenhair Falls - Olympic National Forest
Post by: kers on June 11, 2022, 06:51:39 am
Extreme contrast, and dark moody- ( as is your portrait)  i like it!

Title: Re: Maidenhair Falls - Olympic National Forest
Post by: ChanceKeso on June 11, 2022, 09:32:30 am
Extreme contrast, and dark moody- ( as is your portrait)  i like it!

Thank you! That was my goal for this one. It's a big change from my typical style. I wanted it to have a dark atmosphere around it.
Title: Re: Maidenhair Falls - Olympic National Forest
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 12, 2022, 05:38:44 pm
It works beautifully for me.

Quire elegant.
Title: Re: Maidenhair Falls - Olympic National Forest
Post by: francois on June 13, 2022, 04:06:46 am
Yes, I agree with the contrast and general mood. It's superb. I would add that there's a sense of speed with the long exposure.
Well done and bravo for stepping out of you usual style.
Title: Re: Maidenhair Falls - Olympic National Forest
Post by: ChanceKeso on June 13, 2022, 01:04:30 pm
It works beautifully for me.

Quire elegant.

Thank you! I appreciate that.
Title: Re: Maidenhair Falls - Olympic National Forest
Post by: ChanceKeso on June 13, 2022, 01:07:02 pm
Yes, I agree with the contrast and general mood. It's superb. I would add that there's a sense of speed with the long exposure.
Well done and bravo for stepping out of you usual style.

Thank you! Heavy dodging and burning to help bring out more of the contrast.
Title: Re: Maidenhair Falls - Olympic National Forest
Post by: EricV on June 13, 2022, 04:00:54 pm
You have achieved your purpose (mood) with this rendition, but the image is so good that I think a more natural rendering, with less contrast and more open shadows, would also be great.
Title: Re: Maidenhair Falls - Olympic National Forest
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on June 20, 2022, 05:09:56 am
Great photo, with good rendition.