Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Todd Suttles on June 10, 2022, 08:55:11 am

Title: Left
Post by: Todd Suttles on June 10, 2022, 08:55:11 am
Does this generate any curiosity? Interest? Questions?

Thanks for your objective responses if you comment  -/t
Title: Re: Left
Post by: degrub on June 10, 2022, 09:43:34 am
as part of a series with the shirt on fence ?
Title: Re: Left
Post by: Todd Suttles on June 11, 2022, 11:51:37 am
degrub,
Yes. I am considering including in a project of images about the experience of Summertime life in the contemporary Southeastern United States. These two from the perspective of kids -and I guess parents too.
Thank you for your C&C. Glad you paired them together. Exactly what I wanted to know. This is a "maybe" within a collection I am assembling and I need help seeing it without my projected meanings.  Thanks for your consideration and time. -/t
Title: Re: Left
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 12, 2022, 05:30:26 pm
This one doesn't move me as much as the other one you showed.
Title: Re: Left
Post by: John R on June 12, 2022, 06:08:55 pm
You kind of changed the way I look at the last few images because you say they are supposed to be about summertime. The idea is certainly there in the image. But the lighting does not help convey the feeling of summertime. You could try reducing the light on the background quite a bit, and the light on the shoes by about half as much. That may help increase the feeling of light in the summer.

JR
Title: Re: Left
Post by: Todd Suttles on June 13, 2022, 10:22:57 am
You kind of changed the way I look at the last few images because you say they are supposed to be about summertime. The idea is certainly there in the image. But the lighting does not help convey the feeling of summertime. You could try reducing the light on the background quite a bit, and the light on the shoes by about half as much. That may help increase the feeling of light in the summer.

JR
I had not considered that. Thank you