Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Todd Suttles on June 10, 2022, 08:47:20 am

Title: Meeks Park, Blairsville, GA
Post by: Todd Suttles on June 10, 2022, 08:47:20 am
Does this generate any curiosity? Interest? Questions?

Thanks for your objective responses if you comment  -/t
Title: Re: Meeks Park, Blairsville, GA
Post by: degrub on June 10, 2022, 09:41:22 am
maybe for a crime scene ?
Title: Re: Meeks Park, Blairsville, GA
Post by: MattBurt on June 10, 2022, 12:00:53 pm
It doesn't do much for me but maybe I'm too critical.
Title: Re: Meeks Park, Blairsville, GA
Post by: Todd Suttles on June 11, 2022, 11:41:05 am
Matt,
Thank you for your C&C. Exactly what I wanted to know. This is a "maybe" within a collection I am assembling and I need help seeing it without my projected meanings.  Thanks for your consideration and time. -/t
Title: Re: Meeks Park, Blairsville, GA
Post by: MattBurt on June 11, 2022, 01:17:15 pm
You're welcome. This I find this whole genre mostly uninteresting but with the occasional flash of brilliance. So my opinion may not be that valuable here. :)
If there was a compelling visual element I think it would raise it up a bit. Like some interesting light or shadow or haze or a little something extra.
Title: Re: Meeks Park, Blairsville, GA
Post by: degrub on June 11, 2022, 01:24:49 pm
it needs a dog.
Title: Re: Meeks Park, Blairsville, GA
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 12, 2022, 05:24:42 pm
I find it haunting and rather ominous.

It really pulls me in.
Title: Re: Meeks Park, Blairsville, GA
Post by: Todd Suttles on June 13, 2022, 10:39:24 am
Thank you MattBurt, Eric, and degrub for telling me your reactions and thoughts