Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Bob_B on June 01, 2022, 05:54:25 pm
-
One of the varieties of Sarraceniaceae, commonly known as pitcher plants, that grows in my backyard gardens. It's quite small, probably no more than 6 or 7 inches in height. The big ones get nearly 2.5 ft high by comparison. This cultivar never fails to bring visions of cobras to my mind. No focus stacking here, so kindly bear with some OOF pitchers. (I'm working up a focus-stacked image, so stay tuned for more.) As always, thanks for stopping by and viewing. Please feel free to offer your suggestions and opinions. Best wishes, Bob
-
Outstanding
-
Outstanding
+1.
-
Really nice. I would lighten the bottom to match the luminosity of the top -- no need for blacks anywhere in this image. I actually like some out of focus fronds, but a focus stacked version should also be interesting.
-
Gentlemen: Thank you.
-
Another photo from a new set of images, with different processing and cropping.
-
I prefer the new version.
Very nice.
-
I prefer the new version.
Very nice.
Yes, very nice.
JR
-
Thank you, Eric and John.
-
Nice shots and a fascinating plant. The second one reminds me of an old illustration from a Darwin notebook or something along those lines.
-
Nice shots and a fascinating plant. The second one reminds me of an old illustration from a Darwin notebook or something along those lines.
That is precisely what I was hoping to achieve. Thanks, Matt.