Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Neil Williams on May 31, 2022, 07:58:33 pm

Title: Don't mess with us buddy
Post by: Neil Williams on May 31, 2022, 07:58:33 pm

I Just love the way that Hasselblad renders. Serengeti National Park.......
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/ahs2chwxfewj15t/B0003788-Recovered.jpg?raw=1)
Title: Re: Don't mess with us buddy
Post by: francois on June 01, 2022, 06:09:11 am
They look really mean. I'm not tempted to do anything except put the largest distance between them and me.
I love it and the distant background is perfect!
Title: Re: Don't mess with us buddy
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on June 01, 2022, 09:11:28 am
Great scene. Why is the background foliage lighter?

The Indian Gaur (https://blog.parrikar.com/2013/08/01/gaur/) (Goa's state animal) is even bigger than the Cape Buffalo. Like Francois, I would do put a great deal of distance between myself and either of these types.
Title: Re: Don't mess with us buddy
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 01, 2022, 09:49:03 am
I'm happy to visit them via your fine photograph.
I feel reasonably safe here.   ;)
Title: Re: Don't mess with us buddy
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on June 01, 2022, 11:06:32 am
Great shot. Like Rajan, I find the background a bit strange? Maybe it is dust in the air?
Title: Re: Don't mess with us buddy
Post by: Neil Williams on June 01, 2022, 11:47:51 am
Great scene. Why is the background foliage lighter?

The Indian Gaur (https://blog.parrikar.com/2013/08/01/gaur/) (Goa's state animal) is even bigger than the Cape Buffalo. Like Francois, I would do put a great deal of distance between myself and either of these types.
Rajan The whole scene was similar to the background, but when I darkened the foreground (The Bulls) I must have got lost in them and ignored the background...........thanks for pointing that out, I will edit the background to coincide with the foreground. Thanks Neil   
Title: Re: Don't mess with us buddy
Post by: Neil Williams on June 01, 2022, 08:39:42 pm
Background corrected.........thanks again for the feedback

(https://www.dropbox.com/s/ahs2chwxfewj15t/B0003788-Recovered.jpg?raw=1)
Title: Re: Don't mess with us buddy
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on June 02, 2022, 08:56:27 am
Neil,

They look identical. (Or something is wrong with my eyes)
Title: Re: Don't mess with us buddy
Post by: Neil Williams on June 02, 2022, 07:53:00 pm
This is the darker one