Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: FrankG on May 19, 2022, 07:41:07 pm
-
Not sure if this is the most appropriate forum to ask this. If not please point me in the right direction.
I have a calibrated iMac. I also have an iPad. Images that I prepare on the iMac for web/browser viewing, or viewing in iOS Photo albums, appear too dark on the iPad.
In IOS Settings>Display&Brightness, you have a brightness slider, and also an auto button to change brightness based on changing ambient light.
While I can use the slider to kinda 'match' the image brightness that I prepared on the iMac, it's a bit hit & miss. And I don't know how others will see it on their device.
I'm looking for a method, a benchmark to work with on the iPad.
To this end, in photoshop, I made a 21 step wedge and figure if I can see all the steps, or at least 20 of them, then the iPad brightness is set ok.
Do you concur?
Stepwedge attached
-
Seems reasonable but don't expect a match elsewhere or that critical color correction on the device is ideal.
-
True. There's no telling how someone else's device or display will show the image/s.
I think the majority of phone and tablet users are viewing with the brightness setting on auto
For now, I'd like to get a reasonable luminosity/brightness match on my iPad with images prepared and exported from a calibrated iMac.
The auto button and/or brightness slider in IOS doesn't provide any reference to tell if the screen is too dark or too bright.
I figured the step wedge could maybe provide that reference. You should be able to see at least 19 or 20 separate steps (ideally 21)