Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Michael West on April 09, 2022, 11:06:24 pm

Title: Color Or Mono?
Post by: Michael West on April 09, 2022, 11:06:24 pm
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51993756613_5e416dab8e_c.jpg) 


(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51993696926_ae491ce9cb_c.jpg)
Title: Re: Color Or Mono?
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 09, 2022, 11:21:35 pm
Both are fine, but the color isn't necessary, IMHO.
If I were exhibiting it with other B&W prints, I'd use the B&W one, but if showing it with other color images, I'd use the color one.
Title: Re: Color Or Mono?
Post by: Michael West on April 10, 2022, 01:06:17 pm
Both are fine, but the color isn't necessary, IMHO.
If I were exhibiting it with other B&W prints, I'd use the B&W one, but if showing it with other color images, I'd use the color one.

Thank you.
Title: Re: Color Or Mono?
Post by: francois on April 11, 2022, 08:14:02 am
I agree with Eric, color doesn't bring much.
Title: Re: Color Or Mono?
Post by: Michael West on April 12, 2022, 03:32:46 pm
I agree with Eric, color doesn't bring much.

Agreed its more or less a distraction. comparing the 2 again now.. im thimking in might "lightern up" the face just  a bit more