Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on March 15, 2022, 10:11:06 am

Title: Light in Iceland: Móskarðshnjúkar
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on March 15, 2022, 10:11:06 am
Light in Iceland: Móskarðshnjúkar. (https://blog.parrikar.com/2022/03/15/light-in-iceland-moskardshnjukar/)

Title: Re: Light in Iceland: Móskarðshnjúkar
Post by: francois on March 15, 2022, 12:18:20 pm
Fabulous colors on those peaks… I would have missed the hikers/climbers without your info.
Well done.
Title: Re: Light in Iceland: Móskarðshnjúkar
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 15, 2022, 11:49:21 pm
A lovely set, as usual, Rajan.
Title: Re: Light in Iceland: Móskarðshnjúkar
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on March 16, 2022, 04:53:09 am
Wonderful.
Title: Re: Light in Iceland: Móskarðshnjúkar
Post by: kers on March 16, 2022, 06:05:35 am
All these light photos have a serenity as if there is no wind... is that true?
Title: Re: Light in Iceland: Móskarðshnjúkar
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on March 16, 2022, 06:38:39 am
I really like the first one Rajan, it is surreal, ethereal and epic all at the same time.

Both shots good btw, but the first has it for me  ;)

Dave
Title: Re: Light in Iceland: Móskarðshnjúkar
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on March 16, 2022, 06:40:01 am
Francois, Eric, Paulo, Peter, and Dave - thank you.

Pieter asked: "All these light photos have a serenity as if there is no wind... is that true?"

Definitely not true. A strong wind or gale often leads to fast-changing dramatic light but then you are forced to ditch the tripod and switch to hand-held shooting. I think all these images were composed from the tripod. In this latter event, while a gentle wind allows for tripod shooting, it can make life uncomfortable, especially for the exposed fingers (even with liner gloves on). I remember many of the sting-in-the-fingers days well. Also, what I did not mention is the low hit rate. On many of my outings, the light didn't happen and I had to return with nothing. Part of the thrill of shooting in Iceland is this unpredictability.
Title: Re: Light in Iceland: Móskarðshnjúkar
Post by: kers on March 16, 2022, 06:58:55 am
Wind is often completely unvisible in a photo... giving you the wrong impression of thre atmosphere..

I see you can ski there?

Like the 5th photo very much on your blog ( of 7)
Title: Re: Light in Iceland: Móskarðshnjúkar
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on March 16, 2022, 07:54:06 am
Wind is often completely unvisible in a photo... giving you the wrong impression of thre atmosphere..

I see you can ski there?

Like the 5th photo very much on your blog ( of 7)

Pieter,

Yes, cross country skiing.

Nearby is the Bláfjöll area which is the ski resort for the capital area.

https://skidasvaedi.is/english/





Title: Re: Light in Iceland: Móskarðshnjúkar
Post by: kers on March 16, 2022, 08:59:55 am
Ok i buy a dayticket !  only 30€  (4330 ISK)