Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on March 11, 2022, 01:13:53 pm
-
What a great hidden away gem of a place for photography in Scotland, which not many photographers seem to know about.
It's a bit like Scotland's answer to the Horseshoe Bend in the US.
And if you want read to a short guide about where it is and the gruesome history associated with it, then go here (https://skyephotoguide.com/extra/plodda/plodda.html) to read my latest free chapter guide. ;)
Dave
-
Very impressive.
-
Thank you Eric.
Yes Plodda Falls is definitely a location that is well worth a visit, for those photographers able to do so.
I have also just had a few days in the Cairngorms and what a surprisingly good photographic delight that turned out to be, so I will writing up another guide (or small series of guides) for my website, covering that area of Scotland as well ;)
Dave
-
Very nice.
-
Unusual point of view that gives a very interesting and nice perspective of Plodda Falls.
I like it very much.
-
Dave I have stood on the same platform and have much the same shot. I was disappointed that I couldn't get a decent shot of the actual falls so I will need to look at your guide to see if there is an easy way to get to the bottom. I shot mine from half way down. Ken
-
Dave I have stood on the same platform and have much the same shot. I was disappointed that I couldn't get a decent shot of the actual falls so I will need to look at your guide to see if there is an easy way to get to the bottom. I shot mine from half way down. Ken
Yes Ken, it's all in my mini guide that you can read here (https://skyephotoguide.com/extra/plodda/plodda.html)
Dave