Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Sueleen on January 07, 2007, 11:43:59 am

Title: Selection Options in Photoshop CS
Post by: Sueleen on January 07, 2007, 11:43:59 am
I have just upgraded from Elements to CS and am disappointed to find my selection tool of choice, the selection brush, missing. Is there some alternate tool or technique that I am aware of that has the same flexibility and precision? I  have always found  the wand and marquee tools a bit limited. Thanks for any suggestions.
Title: Selection Options in Photoshop CS
Post by: Henrik Paul on January 07, 2007, 11:51:19 am
I think what you seek is the Quick Mask mode. Here's a tutorial I found by Google: http://www.t-tutorials.com/read-tutorials/...-use-quick-mask (http://www.t-tutorials.com/read-tutorials/27/learn-to-use-quick-mask)
Title: Selection Options in Photoshop CS
Post by: Sueleen on January 07, 2007, 11:57:11 am
Quote
I think what you seek is the Quick Mask mode. Here's a tutorial I found by Google: http://www.t-tutorials.com/read-tutorials/...-use-quick-mask (http://www.t-tutorials.com/read-tutorials/27/learn-to-use-quick-mask)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=94323\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it. I knew there had to be an alternative.
Title: Selection Options in Photoshop CS
Post by: ddolde on January 07, 2007, 02:26:25 pm
See Tony Kuypers excellent tutorial (and action set) for luminosity masking. Probably the best new thing I learned in PS for 2006.

http://www.goodlight.us/writing/luminosity...itymasks-1.html (http://www.goodlight.us/writing/luminositymasks/luminositymasks-1.html)
Title: Selection Options in Photoshop CS
Post by: Sueleen on January 07, 2007, 07:42:46 pm
Quote
See Tony Kuypers excellent tutorial (and Ction set) for luminosity masking. Probably the best new thing I learned in PS for 2006.

http://www.goodlight.us/writing/luminosity...itymasks-1.html (http://www.goodlight.us/writing/luminositymasks/luminositymasks-1.html)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=94366\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


Wow, that is great. Thank you so much.