Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Michael West on March 03, 2022, 08:52:52 pm

Title: Adobe Dehaze..wherein I discover another Use..for same
Post by: Michael West on March 03, 2022, 08:52:52 pm

Both photographs were very slightly processed...the fog is authentic in the second image

the fog  being haze ... I wondered what ...an application of a negative value of Adobe Dehaze would do to the image

the second photograph was the result of this experiment.

the fog looks rather authentic.something I was not expecting


(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51916999439_036e3c4692_c.jpg)





(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51915705817_a32dbc40ae_c.jpg[/img)


Title: Re: Adobe Dehaze..wherein I discover another Use..for same
Post by: kers on March 04, 2022, 03:55:47 am
looks good indeed; i think you made a mistake saying "the second photograph was the result of this experiment." the first you mean i guess?
Title: Re: Adobe Dehaze..wherein I discover another Use..for same
Post by: francois on March 04, 2022, 09:02:27 am
Yes, it looks surprisingly natural!
Title: Re: Adobe Dehaze..wherein I discover another Use..for same
Post by: Michael West on March 04, 2022, 12:56:49 pm
looks good indeed; i think you made a mistake saying "the second photograph was the result of this experiment." the first you mean i guess?


ah yes correct  Thanks
Title: Re: Adobe Dehaze..wherein I discover another Use..for same
Post by: Peter McLennan on March 04, 2022, 02:32:43 pm
Good demo. Thanks!
I use De-Haze and negative Clarity selectively to increase aerial perspective. 
Very useful, especially with the new mask features.
Title: Re: Adobe Dehaze..wherein I discover another Use..for same
Post by: Michael West on March 04, 2022, 03:39:51 pm
Good demo. Thanks!
I use De-Haze and negative Clarity selectively to increase aerial perspective. 
Very useful, especially with the new mask features.


im finding it useful when I want open up shadows globally but retain a certain degree of contrast..without overdoing the blacks.

i trust that was intelligible
Title: Re: Adobe Dehaze..wherein I discover another Use..for same
Post by: bobfriedman on March 06, 2022, 11:08:26 am
I wish I knew what the algorithm for the dehaze function consisted of or how it worked..

I do use it frequently.

Excellent example!
Title: Re: Adobe Dehaze..wherein I discover another Use..for same
Post by: Michael West on March 06, 2022, 01:13:00 pm
I wish I knew what the algorithm for the dehaze function consisted of or how it worked..

I do use it frequently.

Excellent example!

the explanations ive seen online are thus far...woefully narrow and all based on the most "popular" use for the function.

Id like to see the ability to link it to separate colors or tonal ranges..and then some.... if there is a then some...