Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: armand on February 22, 2022, 01:20:06 pm

Title: Card recovery
Post by: armand on February 22, 2022, 01:20:06 pm
While taking some rapid bursts and video with my Olympus E-M1iii I got a card error message. I didn't pay attention and my other card was saving only jpeg.
Card not recognized by any computer or card reader that I have.
I sent it to a service and they think they have a 90% chance of recovery, but the quote is quite a lot. I'm missing only a day (I backed up every evening) and while some shots are decent and would like to have the raws, the jpegs might just do.

My question is if you have any experience with recovery services that are not that expensive.
Title: Re: Card recovery
Post by: BobShaw on February 22, 2022, 05:54:55 pm
Have you tried the SanDisk recovery programme?
Title: Re: Card recovery
Post by: langier on February 23, 2022, 05:44:35 pm
Haven't had a card problem in years but what always bailed me out was Image Rescue which was a free download. If it worked, then you paid for a license which wasn't too much and got a full working version with perpetual license.
Title: Re: Card recovery
Post by: armand on March 01, 2022, 10:55:30 am
I tried a couple of recovery programs but none was able to get over the fact that the card was not seen at all by the system. I tried several readers, on both Windows and Mac.
Title: Re: Card recovery
Post by: tcphoto1 on March 01, 2022, 02:18:57 pm
Have you gone to the card manufacturers website and downloaded their recovery software? I haven't had to use it but I do have Sandisk Rescue Pro Deluxe software on my computer just in case.