Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: [email protected] on February 20, 2022, 01:15:22 pm

Title: Replacement mirror for Nikon Coolscan V ED
Post by: [email protected] on February 20, 2022, 01:15:22 pm
Hi all,

I have started scanning BW negatives using this scanner that my brother still had sitting around. I am getting quite good results with Vuescan on Mac OS Monterey after a bit of self-education. Except for some repetitive artefacts that I consistently saw in the scans. So I decided to check the mirror for dirt, and indeed it could use some cleaning which I did with Isopropanol and a cotton pad. Even before cleaning the mirror I saw that two tiny scratches run across the mirror which are still present after cleaning. So far these scratches don’t seem to be visible in the scans, however I would like to purchase a replacement mirror.

Does anyone know a source, ideally in Europe, for such replacement mirrors?

Thanks,
Erik
Title: Re: Replacement mirror for Nikon Coolscan V ED
Post by: [email protected] on February 20, 2022, 02:14:18 pm
I found this source:

https://analoghaus.org/cart/?v=3a52f3c22ed6

But shipping to Germany costs as much as the mirror itself, plus possibly import tax and duties.
Title: Re: Replacement mirror for Nikon Coolscan V ED
Post by: [email protected] on February 20, 2022, 02:19:57 pm
There seems to be an ebay listing for the same mirror make, at least according to the imagery. Actually, it’s also from analoghaus. Shipping there is below €20. That’s more reasonable.

But sources in Europe would be much appreciated. :-)