Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: David Eichler on February 08, 2022, 04:43:44 pm

Title: Mogrify Alternative?
Post by: David Eichler on February 08, 2022, 04:43:44 pm
Is there an alternative to the Mogrify LR plugin for Mac?
Title: Re: Mogrify Alternative?
Post by: john beardsworth on February 09, 2022, 03:11:52 am
For doing what exactly?
Title: Re: Mogrify Alternative?
Post by: HSakols on February 10, 2022, 09:12:25 am
I don't want to speak for David, but how about making a white border with a name plate in the border for the web.  I also would like to run a batch of photos. 
Title: Re: Mogrify Alternative?
Post by: john beardsworth on February 10, 2022, 01:50:21 pm
I don't want to speak for David, but how about making a white border with a name plate in the border for the web.  I also would like to run a batch of photos.

In which case I'd suggest Photoshop and an action or droplet (or doing the border in css and nameplate in html or other web tools).
Title: Re: Mogrify Alternative?
Post by: stormyboy on February 10, 2022, 03:12:51 pm
Web Sharp Pro by Greg Benz seems to have a lot of tricks up its sleeve. It’s a UXP panel/plug-in for PS.  It has a batch function too.
Title: Re: Mogrify Alternative?
Post by: David Eichler on February 12, 2022, 04:59:32 pm
For doing what exactly?


What is up with Timothy Armes? He doesn't respond to emails. Not just with me. Others have reported this as well. Ever since Big Sur, Mogrify has not worked reliably on a Mac.
Title: Re: Mogrify Alternative?
Post by: dasuess on February 13, 2022, 03:10:05 pm


What is up with Timothy Armes? He doesn't respond to emails. Not just with me. Others have reported this as well. Ever since Big Sur, Mogrify has not worked reliably on a Mac.

I got it working on Big Sur and Monterrey by following these instructions….

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/lr-mogrify-2-no-longer-works-a-chicken-and-or-egg-situation.41745/
Title: Re: Mogrify Alternative?
Post by: David Eichler on February 13, 2022, 05:10:29 pm
I got it working on Big Sur and Monterrey by following these instructions….

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/lr-mogrify-2-no-longer-works-a-chicken-and-or-egg-situation.41745/
Been there already. The subfolder entitled LRMogrify.extras is empty.
Title: Re: Mogrify Alternative?
Post by: David Eichler on February 13, 2022, 06:01:52 pm
Been there already. The subfolder entitled LRMogrify.extras is empty.
Never mind. I got Mogrify working again. I downloaded the plugin again and found the subfolder there that was missing in the other copy of the plugin I had, which was supposedly the current version.