Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: shadowblade on January 29, 2022, 08:06:36 am

Title: Curracurrong waterfall redux
Post by: shadowblade on January 29, 2022, 08:06:36 am
I wasn't entirely happy with the toning of the previous image here (https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=140113.0), given the difficulty of balancing the warm sunset with the cool tones of the shadows, so I processed another image taken a few minutes later, from the same position, after the sun had set. This resulted in a much more uniformly cool-toned image, which I think works better for the subject.

Sony A7r3 with 24-70mm f/2.8 GM and Nisi circular polariser. Three stitched frames at 28mm, f/11, 4s, ISO 50. Five exposures per frame, averaged.

Title: Re: Curracurrong waterfall redux
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 29, 2022, 10:59:06 am
I like this one a lot.
A big improvement, IMHO.
Title: Re: Curracurrong waterfall redux
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on January 31, 2022, 12:31:37 pm
Well that's a real cracker of a shot.

Excellent work Shadowblade.

Dave
Title: Re: Curracurrong waterfall redux
Post by: Peter McLennan on January 31, 2022, 12:44:18 pm
Three stitched frames at 28mm, f/11, 4s, ISO 50. Five exposures per frame, averaged.

So, fifteen exposures overall?  There's more to this photography business than meets the eye.  :)

Whatever.  It's a superb image.  Thanks for sharing the details.