Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on January 23, 2022, 06:05:37 am
-
As the name above suggests, to me this scene looks like a night shot, of a line of trees running along the side of a mountain ridge, with a clear view of the galactic core arcing across the sky behind them. But obviously it isn't, it's just different coloured sand, along with millions of tiny fragments of white broken sea shells, that have all been sorted into indistinct piles, by the movement of the receding tide. But if when you look at it, you allow your imagination to run free for a moment, then it quickly starts to look like a picture of something enormous and expansive, that was stretching out across the entire sky above me, instead of something very, very small beneath my feet.
Dave
-
Even before reading the title or your text, my first thought was what a Starry Night!
I got the same feeling when I'm in a location free of all the light pollution…
Bravo, Dave!
-
Yes, excellent!!!
-
Another superb sand image. And one with a celestial message!
-
That's cool, Dave! Had to look twice to figure it out...
-
You have to let these go up into space with the astronauts so we can see them with a telescope.
JR
-
That is very generous of you all to comment so positively and I do really mean it when I say, that I do appreciate all your comments.
Thanks again.. ;)
Dave
-
Fantastic.