Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: MattBurt on January 19, 2022, 11:50:01 am

Title: Wolf Moon 2022
Post by: MattBurt on January 19, 2022, 11:50:01 am
I was out skating the ice here earlier (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/51827253484/in/photostream/) in the day (which was really nice) and realized I could probably catch the moon rising later on over the iconic local landmark, the Dillon Pinnacles. It took some effort to get into position and my app, Sun Surveyor was giving me some variable readings on exactly where I should expect to see moonrise. After some indecision I found a nice campground spot and waited.
When it came over the ridge it was not exactly where I was hoping to see it but close enough to get some reasonable images. The simultaneous colorful sunset was a bonus.

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51828061030_ebe26bb6d5_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2mXSmT9)
Title: Re: Wolf Moon 2022
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 19, 2022, 03:19:04 pm
Nice catch!
Title: Re: Wolf Moon 2022
Post by: MattBurt on January 19, 2022, 04:56:55 pm
Nice catch!

Thanks Eric!
Title: Re: Wolf Moon 2022
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on January 20, 2022, 02:36:40 am
Nice, soft, pastel rendering, Matt.

(Over here, it was too cloudy, so a friend and I went straight to dinner instead)
Title: Re: Wolf Moon 2022
Post by: Bob_B on January 20, 2022, 06:36:16 am
Very special, especially the variety of purple and brown hues: nice complementary colors.
Title: Re: Wolf Moon 2022
Post by: francois on January 20, 2022, 07:04:09 am
Very special, especially the variety of purple and brown hues: nice complementary colors.

Not an easy light but Matt managed to get a wonderful shot!
Title: Re: Wolf Moon 2022
Post by: MattBurt on January 20, 2022, 12:15:19 pm
Nice, soft, pastel rendering, Matt.

(Over here, it was too cloudy, so a friend and I went straight to dinner instead)

Thanks! For a while there I was sure I was going to get skunked by clouds but since I was there and all ready I decided to wait it out. Glad I did!

Very special, especially the variety of purple and brown hues: nice complementary colors.

Thank you, that color was entirely luck but I hear that luck favors the well-prepared! :)

Not an easy light but Matt managed to get a wonderful shot!

Thanks!
Title: Re: Wolf Moon 2022
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on January 22, 2022, 09:50:22 pm
Not an easy light but Matt managed to get a wonderful shot!

+1
Title: Re: Wolf Moon 2022
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 27, 2022, 10:24:21 am
The hazy sky adds color and mystery. Love it.
Title: Re: Wolf Moon 2022
Post by: MattBurt on January 27, 2022, 05:03:28 pm
The hazy sky adds color and mystery. Love it.

Thanks!