Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Brookie on January 01, 2022, 01:58:50 pm

Title: Elements Magazine?
Post by: Brookie on January 01, 2022, 01:58:50 pm
Happy New Year everyone!

Not sure where to post this but here is probably as good as anywhere. Do any of you subscribe to Elements magazine?  What is your impression of it?  I’m tempted, but I haven’t been able to see an issue of it and $99/yr for an emag just seems pretty steep to me. So I thought I’d ask if anyone is subscribing and what their impressions of it are.

Thanks and hope you have a productive new year with you photography and all matters in life,
Dave Cornue
Title: Re: Elements Magazine?
Post by: John R on January 01, 2022, 04:16:49 pm
Happy New Year everyone!

Not sure where to post this but here is probably as good as anywhere. Do any of you subscribe to Elements magazine?  What is your impression of it?  I’m tempted, but I haven’t been able to see an issue of it and $99/yr for an emag just seems pretty steep to me. So I thought I’d ask if anyone is subscribing and what their impressions of it are.

Thanks and hope you have a productive new year with you photography and all matters in life,
Dave Cornue
It's a good magazine, with some of the best photographers in their field. However, if you are on other sites you may have seen the author's works already. The difference would be that they have narratives about how they took their images. Quite interesting.
Title: Re: Elements Magazine?
Post by: David Eckels on January 01, 2022, 05:48:07 pm
I get it. I agree with John. I started last year because two friends were involved with its launching. Haven't made up my mind on renewal.
Title: Re: Elements Magazine?
Post by: Brookie on January 02, 2022, 09:31:46 am
John, David,
Thanks for the comments guys. Yes it’s the photographers that are of interest to me also.

Best Light in 2022,
Dave