Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Michael West on December 29, 2021, 03:20:52 pm

Title: bees are not yellow and black
Post by: Michael West on December 29, 2021, 03:20:52 pm
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51784826232_b8a577cfc9_b.jpg)
Title: Re: bees are not yellow and black
Post by: francois on December 30, 2021, 08:59:12 am
Mimicry! I like circles vs stripes, mechanical vs living creature, etc…
Title: Re: bees are not yellow and black
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 30, 2021, 12:34:50 pm
Great catch!
Title: Re: bees are not yellow and black
Post by: Michael West on December 30, 2021, 05:37:59 pm
 Eric Myrvaagnes  francois

 The contrasts actually made me laugh.

Thank you.
Title: Re: bees are not yellow and black
Post by: Chris Kern on December 30, 2021, 05:49:07 pm
Excellent.  Well visualized.

I'd be tempted to crop it from the right so that the wedges of yellow and black were similar in size.
Title: Re: bees are not yellow and black
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 30, 2021, 07:37:30 pm
It's excellent as it is, but I think Chris's suggestion would make it perfect.
Title: Re: bees are not yellow and black
Post by: Michael West on December 31, 2021, 05:33:43 pm
Excellent.  Well visualized.

I'd be tempted to crop it from the right so that the wedges of yellow and black were similar in size.

I will.  this is a screen shot crop.

Thank you gentlemen.