Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: David Eckels on December 29, 2021, 10:47:11 am

Title: Mystery Complete: Arizona Juniper
Post by: David Eckels on December 29, 2021, 10:47:11 am
I have been working on this Arizona juniper for a few months. I think it is close, but would like some second opinions.
Title: Re: Myster Complete: Arizona Juniper
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 29, 2021, 01:05:17 pm
It looks quite sinister, which I like a lot.
Title: Re: Myster Complete: Arizona Juniper
Post by: francois on December 30, 2021, 09:02:58 am
It looks quite sinister, which I like a lot.

It might even look like a magical manifestation…
Title: Re: Mystery Complete: Arizona Juniper
Post by: David Eckels on December 30, 2021, 09:38:43 am
Thanks, Eric. I was looking more for the magical/mystical quality Francois mentions. But these moods are all in the same ballpark.
Thanks for your comments, gentlemen!
Title: Re: Myster Complete: Arizona Juniper
Post by: John R on December 30, 2021, 03:07:46 pm
It might even look like a magical manifestation…
It looks more magical than sinister to me. However, I can't say I like the white area as a background. If you are able, and can reproduce the yellow-white area where the tree meets the white, to me that would be the ideal background.

JR
Title: Re: Mystery Complete: Arizona Juniper
Post by: David Eckels on December 30, 2021, 03:12:50 pm
Thanks, John, I agree. After I posted this I added a very light gray background coincident with the overcast day on which the photograph was made.