Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on December 15, 2021, 06:25:57 am
-
From earlier this year.
Yes I know, 'Clearing Storms' is a bit of cliche title to give to a black and white image like this and it's as though I am trying to compare myself directly with Ansel by giving it this name, but it is a title that really does seem to describe exactly what was going on when I shot it, so I think I am allowed and anyway, I am sure Ansel will not be spinning in his grave by me doing this and may even be looking down on me right now and saying "Mmm, nice shot Dave".
This is Sligachan (https://www.google.com/maps/@57.2902124,-6.1731272,3a,61.7y,191.72h,93.84t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s1RF2w3-v3lfpsOgqVI60MQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656) on the Isle of Skye and even though I have probably photographed around this area, far more than any other landscape photographer has ever done so before, or indeed ever will, I am not sure I will ever get a more dramatic view of it - but hey, you never know and I am always happy to keep on trying.. :)
Dave
-
Excellent black and white, very appropriate to the landscape drama.
-
+1.
Ansel would agree, I think.
-
Excellent black and white, very appropriate to the landscape drama.
Thanks Paulo and yes I agree, mono seems to be exactly what was needed for this scene..
+1.
Ansel would agree, I think.
I'd like to think so Eric, I really would ;)
Dave
-
Yes to the Ansel Adams comments
-
Aye, laddie, Ansel would be proud!
-
Worthy of that name. Nice one!