Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: Jonathan Cross on December 14, 2021, 01:01:44 pm

Title: Mac M1 & external drive
Post by: Jonathan Cross on December 14, 2021, 01:01:44 pm
I have a Mac M1 and have reorganised my Raw images on portable drives (both ssd and spinning disc) for use with LR.  The external drives connect via a short lead to the sockets on the back of the Mac.

This may be a stupid question but is there any harm in leaving the lead connected and then just connecting a drive to the end of the lead when I want it, rather than removing all from the Mac socket?

Before anyone asks, yes I do have my images duplicated on different drives.

Best wishes,

Jonathan
Title: Re: Mac M1 & external drive
Post by: francois on December 15, 2021, 09:18:56 am
I do it all the time and haven't encountered any problem so far… but maybe I'm just lucky?