Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on December 14, 2021, 05:44:42 am

Title: Iceland Eruption 2021 – The Aftermath
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on December 14, 2021, 05:44:42 am
Iceland Eruption 2021 – The Aftermath. (https://blog.parrikar.com/2021/12/14/iceland-eruption-2021-the-aftermath/)

Title: Re: Iceland Eruption 2021 – The Aftermath
Post by: francois on December 14, 2021, 09:05:06 am
Superb gallery, I especially like those colored rock formations. They look like it's another planet.
The short movie is also sweet, thanks for sharing.
Title: Re: Iceland Eruption 2021 – The Aftermath
Post by: David Eckels on December 14, 2021, 09:57:21 am
Fantastic. Well done!
Title: Re: Iceland Eruption 2021 – The Aftermath
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 14, 2021, 10:03:32 am
Superb gallery, I especially like those colored rock formations. They look like it's another planet.
The short movie is also sweet, thanks for sharing.
+1.

Stunning!
Title: Re: Iceland Eruption 2021 – The Aftermath
Post by: kers on December 15, 2021, 04:53:03 am
Beautiful how the warm rock area stand out in the snow.
Nice to see how the situation has become after the eruption.
thanks..
Title: Re: Iceland Eruption 2021 – The Aftermath
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on December 15, 2021, 05:55:04 am
Fantastic. Lots of Sulphur has been spewed out.
Title: Re: Iceland Eruption 2021 – The Aftermath
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on December 16, 2021, 07:15:16 pm
Eric, Pieter, & Paulo - thank you.

Paulo, good of you to notice the sulphur - and spell it correctly. :-)
Title: Re: Iceland Eruption 2021 – The Aftermath
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 16, 2021, 11:37:54 pm
When I arrived in Reykjavik and stayed one night in the hotel, I recall turning on the bathroom hot water faucet and getting a sudden strong whiff of sulphur. The cold water smelled quite normal.
Title: Re: Iceland Eruption 2021 – The Aftermath
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on December 18, 2021, 11:58:46 pm
When I arrived in Reykjavik and stayed one night in the hotel, I recall turning on the bathroom hot water faucet and getting a sudden strong whiff of sulphur. The cold water smelled quite normal.

Eric,

Nothing has changed in that regard from your experience. The hot water pipes smell partly due to the addition of hydrogen sulphide to ward off corrosion in the pipes and partly due to the sulphur attending the geothermal water. The cold water at the tap has no such issues and remains probably the best drinking water available on the planet.
Title: Re: Iceland Eruption 2021 – The Aftermath
Post by: MattBurt on December 19, 2021, 12:30:47 am
Excellent! I especially like that first one. Beautiful scenery and work.
Title: Re: Iceland Eruption 2021 – The Aftermath
Post by: Arlen on December 29, 2021, 03:12:11 pm
A wonderful set. I particularly like the first one.
Title: Re: Iceland Eruption 2021 – The Aftermath
Post by: John R on December 29, 2021, 09:12:36 pm
It's all been. well deserved praise. But I do like the first. It looks like a scene taken from space showing a nebulae of clouds. But is snow. wonderful.

JR
Title: Re: Iceland Eruption 2021 – The Aftermath
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on December 31, 2021, 02:35:38 am
Thank you, Matt, Arlen, and John.
Title: Re: Iceland Eruption 2021 – The Aftermath
Post by: Mark Nadler on December 31, 2021, 04:02:56 am
Love the first one.

mark