Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Suzi on December 08, 2021, 11:08:34 am

Title: Epson 3880 with Mac Monterey?
Post by: Suzi on December 08, 2021, 11:08:34 am
Anyone have any luck using an Epson 3880 with Mac OS Monterey? I had been using my printer just fine with Mojave, but got a new Macbook that is running Monterey. When I tried to print with the old driver it went to the print queue, but never actually sent the data to the printer. But when I installed the newest driver available (10.9) it caused my macbook to go into a crash/restart cycle until it finally auto disabled all the kernel extensions. With those extensions disabled the file once again shows up in the print queue, but never gets sent to the printer. Sigh. It's frustrating to have perfectly good hardware not be usable because drivers aren't updated.
Title: Re: Epson 3880 with Mac Monterey?
Post by: Daverich on December 08, 2021, 11:21:22 am
Anyone have any luck using an Epson 3880 with Mac OS Monterey? I had been using my printer just fine with Mojave, but got a new Macbook that is running Monterey. When I tried to print with the old driver it went to the print queue, but never actually sent the data to the printer. But when I installed the newest driver available (10.9) it caused my macbook to go into a crash/restart cycle until it finally auto disabled all the kernel extensions. With those extensions disabled the file once again shows up in the print queue, but never gets sent to the printer. Sigh. It's frustrating to have perfectly good hardware not be usable because drivers aren't updated.

https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=139707.msg1229935#new
Title: Re: Epson 3880 with Mac Monterey?
Post by: Suzi on December 08, 2021, 12:55:45 pm
Whoops, there's the discussion, thanks!!