Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: jaybatley on December 08, 2021, 05:01:41 am

Title: Epson 7890 print heads
Post by: jaybatley on December 08, 2021, 05:01:41 am
What other printers use the same head as the 7890?

I recently acquired one that seems to be in otherwise great condition and is fully inked up with 70cl cartridges so I am considering changing the head that it came with as I was told it is delaminating.

I can't find a head available in this country (UK.)
Title: Re: Epson 7890 print heads
Post by: tastar on December 08, 2021, 04:50:21 pm
I found one on Alibaba.com:

Epson F191152 (https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Original-Quality-DX6-Print-Head-For_1600212923384.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.normal_offer.d_title.502ada36EdmS4I).

I believe that the correct Epson part number for a 7890 print head is F191152. Epson dealers in the UK should be able to sell this part (although model numbers and part numbers in the UK are probably different). A print head replacement is not a simple repair, however, and it's an expensive part to lose if something goes wrong.

Tony