Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: PeterAit on November 30, 2021, 09:23:03 am

Title: An odd CAPSLOCK question
Post by: PeterAit on November 30, 2021, 09:23:03 am
I finally upgraded by antique laptop to one that can run Lightroom and PS. One problem--the capslock key is in a slightly different place and I am always hitting it when I mean to hit "A". Is there a utility that will let me turn this key off? I have looked without success. Thanks.
Title: Re: An odd CAPSLOCK question
Post by: Peter McLennan on November 30, 2021, 09:33:00 am
Windows? If so, yes.  You can edit the registry or use an automated regedit script.  I did it on my W10 desktop.
Title: Re: An odd CAPSLOCK question
Post by: kers on November 30, 2021, 12:14:03 pm
om Mac maybe this will help

https://www.keyboardmaestro.com
Title: Re: An odd CAPSLOCK question
Post by: digitaldog on November 30, 2021, 12:27:09 pm
You should be able to do this through the OS:
https://www.gatortec.com/2020/04/07/disable-or-remap-the-caps-lock-key-to-avoid-accidental-all-caps/