Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: gdi on November 25, 2021, 02:47:03 pm

Title: Inkjet (preferably Canon) Printing Classes?
Post by: gdi on November 25, 2021, 02:47:03 pm
Ok I need to step up my printing skills now that I have revived my Canon wide format printer.   I remember many years ago taking the online Epson Print Academy course, but it has been a while and a lot of the information is outdated or faded from my memory. 

My biggest problem is that I don't print as often as I should, but I am up for committing to printing on a more regular basis. I need to hone my skills in workflow, proofing, color management/profiling, b&w printing, paper selection etc.

For background, I have a Canon Pro-4000, an Xrite I1 Pro, and shoot film and digital, scanning with a Nikon 9000.

Many thanks in advance
Title: Re: Inkjet (preferably Canon) Printing Classes?
Post by: digitaldog on November 25, 2021, 02:54:15 pm
Quote
I remember many years ago taking the online Epson Print Academy course, but it has been a while and a lot of the information is outdated or faded from my memory. 

If you went to the Epson Print Academy (pro section) you may have seen or heard master printer Mac Holbert say "The printer is a default device". Meaning, it is all the prep of the image data, then there is little left but setting up the print driver for proper color management. This hasn't changed.
Mac does teach out at the Santa Fe Photo workshops at least once a year and there's no better class or teacher IMHO.
https://santafeworkshops.com/workshop/fine_art_digital_printmaking_10/
Title: Re: Inkjet (preferably Canon) Printing Classes?
Post by: Panagiotis on November 25, 2021, 03:01:27 pm
Ok I need to step up my printing skills now that I have revived my Canon wide format printer.   I remember many years ago taking the online Epson Print Academy course, but it has been a while and a lot of the information is outdated or faded from my memory. 

My biggest problem is that I don't print as often as I should, but I am up for committing to printing on a more regular basis. I need to hone my skills in workflow, proofing, color management/profiling, b&w printing, paper selection etc.

For background, I have a Canon Pro-4000, an Xrite I1 Pro, and shoot film and digital, scanning with a Nikon 9000.

Many thanks in advance

https://creativepathworkshops.com/

Watch the instructor here to see if he suits you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATFShS-LTsM
Title: Re: Inkjet (preferably Canon) Printing Classes?
Post by: gdi on November 25, 2021, 03:02:48 pm
Thanks Andrew, that is some thing to consider.  In the meantime I’ll keep looking for something I can take advantage of in the shorter term. 

I took the Epson class so long ago that I think I may have forgotten almost everything! 
Title: Re: Inkjet (preferably Canon) Printing Classes?
Post by: digitaldog on November 25, 2021, 03:08:05 pm
Thanks Andrew, that is some thing to consider.  In the meantime I’ll keep looking for something I can take advantage of in the shorter term. 
Maybe:
https://www.pluralsight.com/courses/inkjet-printing-photography?exp=3
Title: Re: Inkjet (preferably Canon) Printing Classes?
Post by: gdi on November 25, 2021, 03:25:37 pm
https://creativepathworkshops.com/

Watch the instructor here to see if he suits you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATFShS-LTsM

Great- thank you !
Title: Re: Inkjet (preferably Canon) Printing Classes?
Post by: gdi on November 25, 2021, 03:26:44 pm
Maybe:
https://www.pluralsight.com/courses/inkjet-printing-photography?exp=3

I did find some things on LinkedIn Learning I am going to checkout.

Thanks again!