Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on November 22, 2021, 09:33:59 pm

Title: Dichotomy #1
Post by: Chris Calohan on November 22, 2021, 09:33:59 pm
It's all so beautiful until your brain kicks in and reminds you, you are standing in the middle of Yellowstone which is one of the largest volcanoes in the world. Where I took this is in front of a large Caldera burbling away from the hot gasses far beneath the surface...
Title: Re: Dichotomy #1
Post by: Bob_B on November 23, 2021, 06:32:16 am
Strong image and wonderful colors. I'm somewhat less happy about the startrails, but imho they're not a deal breaker.
Title: Re: Dichotomy #1
Post by: Chris Calohan on November 23, 2021, 08:59:12 am
That's a mountain full of fir trees in the BG..."star trails" are wisps of steam or parts of fallen trees, many of which litter the forests around the park.
Title: Re: Dichotomy #1
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 23, 2021, 07:29:27 pm
A fine image.
Title: Re: Dichotomy #1
Post by: francois on November 24, 2021, 08:18:13 am
Great shot with very special volcanic colors. I like the barely visible trees in the background…
Well done.
Title: Re: Dichotomy #1
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 24, 2021, 12:00:53 pm
Nice one.
Title: Re: Dichotomy #1
Post by: Chris Calohan on November 24, 2021, 12:36:22 pm
I will clone some things out if they are detrimental to the shot, and while some of you had issues with what was natural to the forest behind the primary focal point, others (on other sites) did not...but to acquiesce to this forum, I have cloned most of the offending dead trees out of the BG.
Title: Re: Dichotomy #1
Post by: James Clark on November 24, 2021, 12:38:14 pm
Really interesting picture.  Yellowstone has got to have some of the most bizarre topography on Earth.
Title: Re: Dichotomy #1
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 24, 2021, 01:00:20 pm
Nice, but I prefer it with the trees.