Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: rtlonghitano on November 22, 2021, 10:30:40 am
-
I'm having an issue with clogged PK/MK print head. This P7000 was put in service 3/2018 and up until this week I never had a issue clearing any clogs with 1 or 2 normal clearing cycles. I always run a nozzle check once or twice a week if the printer is idol. I did everything recommended in this thread: https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=127585.0 and the clog is still there.
I never had a issue with any Epson 24" printer I've owned over the past 20 years so I have no clue who to call for service. I'm in the Philadelphia, PA area and the Epson Site only showed the closest Authorized Service Center in Baltimore and New York. This printer's warrantee is expired so I know I'll pay for a on-site service call but I have no idea who to call. I figured I check in here before hitting Google for any Philadelphia area service recommendations.
Thanks, rob
-
Epson One-Time Repair Program (https://epson.com/Accessories/Printer-Accessories/One-Time-Service-Plan---EPWPSP1R24/p/EPWPSP1R24)
If it's a 3.5 year old printer, you should get a new print head, a capping station (preserves the head and should be replaced with the print head) and a wiper. The cost is $995.00 for a 24 inch P7000.
Shades of Paper is in New Jersey right outside of Philadelphia and they should be able to provide local service (but not at the one-time repair price). 856-787-9200
Tony
-
Tony was very helpful to me and my P9000 - pointing me to the site to use the one time service program for the 44" printer. I installed my printer in sept 2016 and started getting banding, warped vertical lines in the LK segment of the nozzle check and then could not switch from MK to PK inks. Machine went through extensive cleaning when trying to switch then failed the switch with an error saying clogged nozzles and stayed in MK mode. Called Epson and enrolled in the one time service program and an excellent support tech changed out the head, capping station and the wiper blade. All done in less than a week after the call to Epson.
-
Wow thanks so much! Didn’t know about that program. I passed of the extended warranty before the original one ran out, thought that ship has sailed. I’ll check out the link
Thanks again
Rob