Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: MattBurt on November 18, 2021, 04:11:19 pm

Title: Creekside again
Post by: MattBurt on November 18, 2021, 04:11:19 pm
We had a good run of fabulous sunsets this week and I've been slipping out of the office a little early to catch them at the nearby creek. This creek is a great location for interesting skies in reflections as well as being the closest spot to home that works well for my photography. The open space provides lots of options to catch the best sky action, wherever it is.

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51685630481_0d0e905859_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2mKhnf2)

I took advantage of the Lightroom HDR/Pano combined functionality for this one. 7 frames, each 3 exposures.
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51685688138_499f3ba920_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2mKhEo7)

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51689199563_cc68c264cf_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2mKAEcV)
Title: Re: Creekside again
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 18, 2021, 04:45:39 pm
A lovely set.
My fave is the HDR/Pano.
Title: Re: Creekside again
Post by: sdwilsonsct on November 18, 2021, 09:45:25 pm
I especially like the bottom half of #3.
Title: Re: Creekside again
Post by: francois on November 19, 2021, 04:19:19 am
I especially like the bottom half of #3.

Yes, I agree. It could easily be a photo on its own…
Title: Re: Creekside again
Post by: Bob_B on November 19, 2021, 07:11:37 am
I have to agree about the bottom half of #3!
Title: Re: Creekside again
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on November 19, 2021, 10:23:40 am
#2 is my pick, although a little more elevation would have helped the composition. #3 is lovely, too.
Title: Re: Creekside again
Post by: MattBurt on November 19, 2021, 12:33:13 pm
Thanks! Yeah the bottom half of the last one does have something special going on. I did shoot some closer up shots of that but none of them seemed to work quite right from a compositional standpoint. I may revisit those shots and I'll definitely be back to this location to try again in the future.

Rajan, I totally agree about a little more elevation but sadly this was all I could do. It's pretty flat there next to the water and this was from a little rise. I guess I could have extended the center column but the ground was a little soft and I decided to keep it more stable instead. Tradeoffs...
Title: Re: Creekside again
Post by: John R on November 19, 2021, 02:04:12 pm
#2 is my pick, although a little more elevation would have helped the composition. #3 is lovely, too.
Lovely!

JR
Title: Re: Creekside again
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 22, 2021, 10:22:53 am
Great set.