Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: MattBurt on November 15, 2021, 11:47:34 am

Title: Sunset at the rocks
Post by: MattBurt on November 15, 2021, 11:47:34 am
Another fine late fall sunset ending another unusually mild day for the date. Hopefully things will turn more wintery soon but I have it admit the mild weather made for a very pleasant day on the trails.

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51679869442_e972924769_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2mJLQFL)

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51680277356_b729dfbc22_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2mJNVWL)

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51680515688_25bcb46715_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2mJQ9MW)
Title: Re: Sunset at the rocks
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 15, 2021, 11:12:26 pm
Another fine set.

I like the way you carefully placed that big rock across the others. I jope someone helped you.   ;)
Title: Re: Sunset at the rocks
Post by: MattBurt on November 16, 2021, 12:37:41 am
Another fine set.

I like the way you carefully placed that big rock across the others. I jope someone helped you.   ;)

Thanks!
But my back is killing me!
Title: Re: Sunset at the rocks
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 16, 2021, 03:05:10 am
Excellent set.
Title: Re: Sunset at the rocks
Post by: Bob_B on November 16, 2021, 06:28:51 am
Oh, that light! Glorious, simply glorious set.
Title: Re: Sunset at the rocks
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on November 16, 2021, 08:56:39 am
Beautiful set. My pick is #1 for the light.
Title: Re: Sunset at the rocks
Post by: MattBurt on November 16, 2021, 12:00:22 pm
Thanks all!
I love that light too but I was hoping for more sky drama at the same time to go with it. That first one seems like the sky is the weak link to me. Once the direct light was done I headed over to the balanced rock which is maybe half a mile away. I like that spot for when the sky is doing something interesting like that sunset which was best to the East which doesn't work as well for the rocks in the first image (which is looking North). :)