Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: Tal4321 on January 03, 2007, 09:14:13 am
-
Hi,
It seems that I've missed the boat as far as getting my hands on an X-Pan goes. The camera appealed to me because of the ability to take quality panoramic (and regular size) images using a bit of gear more portable than the average SLR.
I'm still looking for a similar camera to do this job. Portability is very important to me, as is the panoramic ability and quality. Is there anything out there in the digital world which would come close to replacing the X Pan? Alternatively, is there anything out there in the film world?
Thanks.
-
Hello, there are not to many option one would be Seitz 6x17 Digital. Ok it's reallly expensive. But the quality of it's 160Mps are amazing.
-
Hello, there are not to many option one would be Seitz 6x17 Digital. Ok it's reallly expensive. But the quality of it's 160Mps are amazing.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=93538\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Christopher,
Have you seen any actual files from the Seitz?
Cheers,
Kumar
-
The X-Pan is the only 35mm panoramic camera that I know of... you might be able to find one on E-Bay. In medium format there is (was) the Fuji GX617, but they're not making that one anymore either. There's also the Linhof Technorama 617 S III (http://www.linhof.de/english/) which is still available.
One I've heard of but never seen is the Gaoersi 6x16 camera (http://www.gaoersi-camera.com/cp_detail.php?id=8019&nowmenuid=3300&cpath=&catid=0). These are all full manual film cameras, though.
Mike.
-
Hi,
It seems that I've missed the boat as far as getting my hands on an X-Pan goes. The camera appealed to me because of the ability to take quality panoramic (and regular size) images using a bit of gear more portable than the average SLR.
I'm still looking for a similar camera to do this job. Portability is very important to me, as is the panoramic ability and quality. Is there anything out there in the digital world which would come close to replacing the X Pan? Alternatively, is there anything out there in the film world?
Thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=93456\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Mamiya 7 is pretty small and does the 35mm panorama I think
Digital ALPA TC 12 with a digital back and a 24digitar if you are a millionaire who is happy to guess focus
SMM
-
The X-Pan is the only 35mm panoramic camera that I know of... you might be able to find one on E-Bay. In medium format there is (was) the Fuji GX617, but they're not making that one anymore either. There's also the Linhof Technorama 617 S III (http://www.linhof.de/english/) which is still available.
One I've heard of but never seen is the Gaoersi 6x16 camera (http://www.gaoersi-camera.com/cp_detail.php?id=8019&nowmenuid=3300&cpath=&catid=0). These are all full manual film cameras, though.
Mike.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=93587\")
There's also a 6x17 from Horseman - see [a href=\"http://www.robertwhite.co.uk/panoramic.htm#LabelHorseSW617]here[/url] for example.
For the cash-strapped (and I use the term advisedly, as it still costs an arm and a leg, just not a set of all four limbs like most panoramic cameras!) there's the Fotoman (http://www.robertwhite.co.uk/panoramic.htm#Labelfotomanp) range in either 6x12 or 6x17 sizes.
-
Christopher,
Have you seen any actual files from the Seitz?
Cheers,
Kumar
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=93575\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yes, when I was there picking up some diffrent stuff. (pano epuipment.) I was able to look at a file of the camera. Now I don't decibe it long. If you are intrested in that camera, call them or write them and make a testing appointment. Nothing helps more to use and to see that camera with it own eyes.