Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Bob_B on November 12, 2021, 02:50:00 pm

Title: Turning Leaves
Post by: Bob_B on November 12, 2021, 02:50:00 pm
Yet another photo from my photowalk during the peak of autumn in Maryland. C&C welcomed. Thanks for stopping by.
Title: Re: Turning Leaves
Post by: James Clark on November 12, 2021, 03:25:21 pm
Another good one... Maybe could use a bit less color/light in the shadows?  The last few you've posted really pop the foliage against the light falloff, but this one is just a bit bright all over for me.
Title: Re: Turning Leaves
Post by: Bob_B on November 12, 2021, 04:52:42 pm
Thanks James. For better or worse (I guess the latter), I processed it for that effect. I like the kind of 'dazzle' it produced, but then again, that dazzle may just be due to my failing eyesight.
Title: Re: Turning Leaves
Post by: James Clark on November 12, 2021, 05:03:57 pm
Thanks James. For better or worse (I guess the latter), I processed it for that effect. I like the kind of 'dazzle' it produced, but then again, that dazzle may just be due to my failing eyesight.

Nah. Not worse - just a minor artistic difference of opinion :).
Title: Re: Turning Leaves
Post by: francois on November 13, 2021, 09:20:09 am
A very nice photo to add to your autumn collection. I have a very slight preference for the other "golden leaves" shot but this one is also a beauty.
Well done.
Title: Re: Turning Leaves
Post by: Bob_B on November 13, 2021, 09:46:38 am
Thanks francois.

Here's a different take on this photo. I prefer the first, but only marginally. What do you think?
Title: Re: Turning Leaves
Post by: degrub on November 13, 2021, 10:53:52 am
well, that looks like a journey from "realism" to "romanticism"  ;)
Loosing the highlights from the leaves is a negative in my view. But each is a fine image.
Title: Re: Turning Leaves
Post by: Bob_B on November 13, 2021, 04:03:43 pm
well, that looks like a journey from "realism" to "romanticism"  ;)
...

Thanks degrub.
Title: Re: Turning Leaves
Post by: francois on November 14, 2021, 09:01:51 am
Thanks francois.

Here's a different take on this photo. I prefer the first, but only marginally. What do you think?

I still prefer the first version of this shot.
Title: Re: Turning Leaves
Post by: Bob_B on November 14, 2021, 11:54:57 am
I still prefer the first version of this shot.

Thanks francois. I think that's the consensus of opinions. I'll probably end up printing both and making a decision based on the print.
Title: Re: Turning Leaves
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 15, 2021, 05:41:43 am
Excellent.
Title: Re: Turning Leaves
Post by: Bob_B on November 15, 2021, 07:27:28 am
Hi Paulo: I appreciate your kind words, thanks.
Title: Re: Turning Leaves
Post by: francois on November 15, 2021, 09:17:41 am
Thanks francois. I think that's the consensus of opinions. I'll probably end up printing both and making a decision based on the print.

I would say that the first one looks more natural to me. Printing both is the best way to judge the results.
Title: Re: Turning Leaves
Post by: MattBurt on November 15, 2021, 11:13:43 am
A nice calming shot. I think I prefer the first but both approaches have their merits.
Title: Re: Turning Leaves
Post by: Bob_B on November 15, 2021, 04:50:35 pm
Thanks Matt.
Title: Re: Turning Leaves
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 15, 2021, 11:04:27 pm
Another vote for the first. Lovely.
Title: Re: Turning Leaves
Post by: Bob_B on November 16, 2021, 06:22:31 am
Thank Eric.