Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Paulo Bizarro on November 10, 2021, 11:54:12 am

Title: Bad weather on the coast
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 10, 2021, 11:54:12 am
In the beginning of November I took a few days off and headed to the southwest coast of Portugal. The weather forecast was bad for the first and second of the month, improving afterwards. Indeed, the first couple of days there was a lot of clouds and wind, but not much rain. I like to photograph this coastal region in any weather, so I went out and braved the elements for a sunset photo walk:

https://blog.paulobizarro.com/?p=2076

Given the challenges we faced with Covid, I am grateful that I am still able to go to such places and simply be surrounded by Nature. The third photo was by pure chance: I was returning from the supermarket when I stumbled upon this event, which involved a local musical group performing traditional Alentejo songs, plus a culinary workshop on how to bake "filhozes" and "broas" (two typical cakes, no idea how that translates to English...).

Stay safe.
Title: Re: Bad weather on the coast
Post by: David Eckels on November 10, 2021, 12:55:45 pm
Nice all the way around, Paulo.  Well done.
Title: Re: Bad weather on the coast
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 10, 2021, 01:01:01 pm
Nice all the way around, Paulo.  Well done.
Absolutely.
Title: Re: Bad weather on the coast
Post by: Bob_B on November 11, 2021, 06:24:16 am
+1, and the set on your blog is very nice.
Title: Re: Bad weather on the coast
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 11, 2021, 09:55:39 am
Thanks Gents.
Title: Re: Bad weather on the coast
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on November 11, 2021, 10:21:43 am
The photos in the blog make for a splendid essay. Where is the stork's nest in the first image?
Title: Re: Bad weather on the coast
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 11, 2021, 12:15:23 pm
The photos in the blog make for a splendid essay. Where is the stork's nest in the first image?

Thanks Rajan. The nest is that first small pinnacle on the right.
Title: Re: Bad weather on the coast
Post by: francois on November 12, 2021, 07:55:29 am
Great set and writing. I like those rough waters, they give a different mood to those places.
Well done.
Title: Re: Bad weather on the coast
Post by: Arlen on November 14, 2021, 03:43:32 pm
Very intriguing set, Paulo. And I find the picture of the musicians quite interesting. You were indeed fortunate to stumble upon it.
Title: Re: Bad weather on the coast
Post by: Peter McLennan on November 14, 2021, 07:49:27 pm
Very nice.  I love the musicians.

You really have to wonder what forces were at play in #1.  Those layers have been rotated 90 degrees.
Title: Re: Bad weather on the coast
Post by: MattBurt on November 15, 2021, 11:11:50 am
Very nice. I always enjoy "bad" weather the most in photographs.