Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on November 09, 2021, 01:59:57 pm

Title: Rework of an Older Tall Pines in the Fog" Image
Post by: Chris Calohan on November 09, 2021, 01:59:57 pm
I'm a sucker for landscapes in the fog and will chase them down whenever the opportunity presents itself.
Title: Re: Rework of an Older Tall Pines in the Fog" Image
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 09, 2021, 04:59:41 pm
That's a real beauty now.  Your fog machine is working just fine.

Title: Re: Rework of an Older Tall Pines in the Fog" Image
Post by: Dave Gurtcheff on November 09, 2021, 07:44:02 pm
I love it! I too love foggy landscapes/seascapes.
Dave
Title: Re: Rework of an Older Tall Pines in the Fog" Image
Post by: langier on November 09, 2021, 11:32:01 pm
Nicely done, Chris!
Title: Re: Rework of an Older Tall Pines in the Fog" Image
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 10, 2021, 04:32:23 am
Great shot.
Title: Re: Rework of an Older Tall Pines in the Fog" Image
Post by: Chris Calohan on November 10, 2021, 08:59:21 am
I'm always the perennial sucker for fog shots. Thanks for the kind comments.

I've actually reworked this one more time since this posting. I cropped and did some magic cloning/replacing on both sides to further channel the eye to the central pine.
Title: Re: Rework of an Older Tall Pines in the Fog" Image
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 10, 2021, 01:33:56 pm
It wasn't broke, so perhaps it was a Maybe. Anyway, you played with it to make it better.
Title: Re: Rework of an Older Tall Pines in the Fog" Image
Post by: Bob_B on November 11, 2021, 06:23:08 am
Both versions are stunning.
Title: Re: Rework of an Older Tall Pines in the Fog" Image
Post by: James Clark on November 12, 2021, 05:10:21 pm
I dig it.  I think I actually prefer the original but both are lovely!
Title: Re: Rework of an Older Tall Pines in the Fog" Image
Post by: Chris Calohan on November 12, 2021, 05:26:45 pm
Thanks, all! I'll let both versions ferment in my brain for a while nd then take a second glance before I chose one to print.
Title: Re: Rework of an Older Tall Pines in the Fog" Image
Post by: francois on November 13, 2021, 09:27:36 am
Stunning and very rare light.
Hats off!
Title: Re: Rework of an Older Tall Pines in the Fog" Image
Post by: Arlen on November 14, 2021, 03:29:52 pm
Both are very appealing indeed, but I agree with your analysis and the second one seems even stronger, for the reasons you stated.
Title: Re: Rework of an Older Tall Pines in the Fog" Image
Post by: MattBurt on November 15, 2021, 11:16:05 am
Well done. The revision is an improvement to an already excellent image.