Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: neilr1967 on January 02, 2007, 11:26:18 pm

Title: Innova Fibaprint Semi-Matte (Satin White)
Post by: neilr1967 on January 02, 2007, 11:26:18 pm
Has anyone used this new(ish) paper from Innova.  I have tested samples and prefer it to all of the other new PK fine art papers.  It has less gloss and a much nicer finish.  It seems to have a comparable DMAX to the Fibaprint gloss.  Any thoughts or experience with this paper?  Haven't found much written about it.

Thanks,
Title: Innova Fibaprint Semi-Matte (Satin White)
Post by: picnic on January 02, 2007, 11:52:40 pm
Quote
Has anyone used this new(ish) paper from Innova.  I have tested samples and prefer it to all of the other new PK fine art papers.  It has less gloss and a much nicer finish.  It seems to have a comparable DMAX to the Fibaprint gloss.  Any thoughts or experience with this paper?  Haven't found much written about it.

Thanks,
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=93400\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


 I have no experience with it other than printing samples.  I bought the gloss sample pack from shadesofpaper that included the Hahnemuhle Fine Art Pearl, Crane Museo Silver Rag and the 2 F type Innovas (WT an dBW) and the semi matte.  The semi matte is by far my favorite and I'm considering buying some 17 x 22 sheets.

Diane
Title: Innova Fibaprint Semi-Matte (Satin White)
Post by: neilr1967 on January 03, 2007, 06:37:46 am
Quote
I have no experience with it other than printing samples.  I bought the gloss sample pack from shadesofpaper that included the Hahnemuhle Fine Art Pearl, Crane Museo Silver Rag and the 2 F type Innovas (WT an dBW) and the semi matte.  The semi matte is by far my favorite and I'm considering buying some 17 x 22 sheets.

Diane
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=93404\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I purchased the sample pack as well from Jim Doyle at Shades of Paper.  Great way to see first hand.  On a tangented note, I e-mailed Colorbyte and they are going to be adding the Innova Semi Matte to their Imageprint profiles as soon as they get some samples.  I'm going to ask JIm if he could do som pro-bono donations to help us out with this new profile.
Title: Innova Fibaprint Semi-Matte (Satin White)
Post by: jordanophoto on February 04, 2007, 05:47:09 pm
Buy the sample pack from shadesofpaper.com and try it out.  I did and found that the paper surface is the smoothest of all the fiber base papers that Innova offers, or any one else for that matter.  There is however a sight decrease in image contrast compared to the type F gloss papers, due to the fact that it is a semi-matte finish.  Perhaps a coating of Premier Guard Print shield spray(from itsupplies.com) would help build the contrast up a bit.  But there is no question that it has the nicest, smoothest finish (personally speaking)of all the new fiber base papers that are coming out into the market.  As of yet though it is not offered in a natural finish, ie; no optical brightners, only the bright white type.
Title: Innova Fibaprint Semi-Matte (Satin White)
Post by: francoisroux on February 08, 2007, 07:53:09 pm
I agree with all the above. Very nice paper indeed.

Can anyome tell me what profile/settings they use with Epson 2400 printer. Innova give the advice to use Epson Luster profile for the F-Type, but I could not find any info for the semi-matte.
Title: Innova Fibaprint Semi-Matte (Satin White)
Post by: Nill Toulme on February 08, 2007, 10:55:41 pm
Innova provides profile downloads here (http://www.innovaart.com/profileview.php?id=2&name=Epson).  The coverage is strangely random though — they provide semi-matte profiles for the Epson 7800 and 9800, for example, but not for the 4800 or 2400.  But it should at least be worth a try with the 7800 or 9800 profile.  That's where I intend to start with my 4800 when I finally get around to testing the samples in that sample pack.

What have others used for profiles when trying out the samples?   Diane?

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net (http://www.toulme.net)
Title: Innova Fibaprint Semi-Matte (Satin White)
Post by: picnic on February 09, 2007, 12:04:13 am
Quote
Innova provides profile downloads here (http://www.innovaart.com/profileview.php?id=2&name=Epson).  The coverage is strangely random though — they provide semi-matte profiles for the Epson 7800 and 9800, for example, but not for the 4800 or 2400.  But it should at least be worth a try with the 7800 or 9800 profile.  That's where I intend to start with my 4800 when I finally get around to testing the samples in that sample pack.

What have others used for profiles when trying out the samples?   Diane?

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net (http://www.toulme.net)
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=99975\")

Nill, try here for a 4800 profile for semimatte.
[a href=\"http://www.booksmartstudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=72_183]http://www.booksmartstudio.com/store/index...ex&cPath=72_183[/url]

Diane
Title: Innova Fibaprint Semi-Matte (Satin White)
Post by: Nill Toulme on February 09, 2007, 10:34:25 am
Thanks Diane — a treasure trove!  ;-)

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net (http://www.toulme.net)
Title: Innova Fibaprint Semi-Matte (Satin White)
Post by: KeithR on February 09, 2007, 05:38:35 pm
Quote
I agree with all the above. Very nice paper indeed.

Can anyome tell me what profile/settings they use with Epson 2400 printer. Innova give the advice to use Epson Luster profile for the F-Type, but I could not find any info for the semi-matte.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=99951\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Have to agree, it's a very nice paper, and I have mentioned this to many friends.  I am making my own profiles, using PrintFix Pro 2.0, and want to try them on both color and B&W images. At the present, I'm using the semimatte media setting in creating the profile. After all it is a semi matte, not a luster/pearl finish. Later, I might create a profile with the luster media setting, just to compare. My guess is that there won't be that much of a difference.