Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: pkkelly on November 03, 2021, 03:31:36 pm
-
Hello All,
I'm trying to move up to making my profiles with a Colormunki & X-rite software to an i1 Pro with Argyll. It's been a bit of a slog. But I have managed to make a few but Lightroom & Photoshop can't find them. They installed normally and there they are in the same folder with all the other ones but not in the Adobe apps. What's wrong?
-
Hello All,
I'm trying to move up to making my profiles with a Colormunki & X-rite software to an i1 Pro with Argyll. It's been a bit of a slog. But I have managed to make a few but Lightroom & Photoshop can't find them. They installed normally and there they are in the same folder with all the other ones but not in the Adobe apps. What's wrong?
Attach a zip file of one of your Argyll profiles you can't see in LR/PS and attach it to a post in this thread and people might be able to help. Here's one of the possibilities. It may be that you have named it in the description text something different from the file name which is the default for X-rite software.
-
Let me clarify my first post. I've been using a colormunki/X-rite to make profiles without problems. The uncooperative profiles are made with i1 Pro & Argyll. They come out as .icm & I tried changing them to .icc but it didn't matter. One of the profiles I did not modify is attached. Thanks.
-
I checked the profile. It's fine and shows up in Photoshop/LR. as Pro1000EpsonPremGlossy
Suffix doesn't matter. .icm or .icc are both ok.
Check the Argyll dox to make sure it's installed in the proper directory. For windows it's:
C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color
You can just copy it there. Unlike XRite, Argyll doesn't automatically install the profile.
-
Well, thanks for checking this out. I need to go back & review how the file naming works in Argyll. I thought that was only a working name and that in the colprof file I would give it the permeant name that I would see in Photoshop. I'll do another profile tonight and pay really close attention to it. What really threw me off was that prior to my first post on this I had looked in Windows>System32>spool>drivers>color and there was the file with the name I had given it. It's there now. But I guess PS & LR look at some other part of the file I wonder now how I can rename the couple I've already made. I want to keep them all together on that profile list.
So all my troubles aside, you got a look at my first try at a real profile. What did you think?
-
Well, thanks for checking this out. I need to go back & review how the file naming works in Argyll. I thought that was only a working name and that in the colprof file I would give it the permeant name that I would see in Photoshop. I'll do another profile tonight and pay really close attention to it. What really threw me off was that prior to my first post on this I had looked in Windows>System32>spool>drivers>color and there was the file with the name I had given it. It's there now. But I guess PS & LR look at some other part of the file I wonder now how I can rename the couple I've already made. I want to keep them all together on that profile list.
So all my troubles aside, you got a look at my first try at a real profile. What did you think?
Looks like a perfectly good profile. Very similar to profiles I make for the Pro1000. Make sure it's in Windows>System32>spool>drivers>color and that the suffix is ".icm"
Here's what it looks like in Photoshop's printer profile selection list:
-
But I guess PS & LR look at some other part of the file I wonder now how I can rename the couple I've already made.
Adobe programs typically list the ICC profile description tag, not the filename.
-
Hey, I'm learning. This was all about not understanding where in the Argyll workflow to put the name I wanted to show up in LR & PS. It's learning these little things that make using Argyll such a slog. It's getting better but you may hear from me again. I have more questions. Thanks again to those who responded. I'll now make a batch of profiles & see how that goes.
-
It might be worth mentioning that there are utilities that can edit the internal profile name if you need to change it, eg ICC Profile Toolkit for Windows
-
It might be worth mentioning that there are utilities that can edit the internal profile name if you need to change it, eg ICC Profile Toolkit for Windows
Well that's good to know. I have three that have names other than what I wanted. Thanks, I'll try it.
-
I usually set the -D option and -O option to the same name. This makes what shows up in Photoshop the same as the file name
in the colprof command line:
-D Pro1000Glossy.icm -O Pro1000Glossy.icm
-
I usually set the -D option and -O option to the same name. This makes what shows up in Photoshop the same as the file name
in the colprof command line:
-D Pro1000Glossy.icm -O Pro1000Glossy.icm
Yes that's what I didn't do. Now I know. Thanks to all for the replies.