Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on November 03, 2021, 07:07:15 am

Title: Festival of Lights
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on November 03, 2021, 07:07:15 am
Diwali 2021. (https://blog.parrikar.com/2021/11/03/diwali-2021/)
Title: Re: Festival of Lights
Post by: Bob_B on November 03, 2021, 08:37:17 am
Nice one, Rajan. I had hoped I might catch a glimpse after hearing about the latest CME, but no show in Maryland. Maybe next time.
Title: Re: Festival of Lights
Post by: James Clark on November 03, 2021, 11:02:22 am
That's a great one!
Title: Re: Festival of Lights
Post by: Peter McLennan on November 03, 2021, 11:09:57 am
Absolutely superb.
Title: Re: Festival of Lights
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 03, 2021, 01:33:04 pm
We sometimes (rarely) can see them as far south as here in Massachusetts, but not often.

Myvatn is clearly the right place for viewing Northern Lights.
Title: Re: Festival of Lights
Post by: Arlen on November 03, 2021, 05:43:07 pm
A very striking image. I'm still hoping to see one like that at some point.
Title: Re: Festival of Lights
Post by: MattBurt on November 03, 2021, 07:11:32 pm
Awesome! I need to get up to where this happens at some point.
Title: Re: Festival of Lights
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on November 04, 2021, 05:28:40 am
Thank you, gentlemen.

Eric - yes, Mývatn is a great place to see the Northern Lights. I saw some pictures from last night - very strong show, good enough for any smartphone.

Title: Re: Festival of Lights
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 08, 2021, 04:02:56 am
Fantastic.
Title: Re: Festival of Lights
Post by: kers on November 08, 2021, 05:34:48 am
wonderful strong !
Title: Re: Festival of Lights
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on November 08, 2021, 06:30:19 am
Thank you, Paulo and Pieter.